WORRIED about your ability to cope with a stressful work or family transition?
OVERWHELMED with the care demands of family members with Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, stroke or other disabling conditions?
INCREASINGLY STRESSED with the burden you are carrying?
STRUGGLING to enlist other family members and find resources to lessen your stress?
LOSING the ability to maintain a healthy balance between work, care for your family members and self care?
Sleeplessness, depression, feelings of isolation and anxiety are common symptoms when experiencing a significant life transition, such as in your professional life, like losing a job, or in your family life, such as caring for an elderly or disabled loved one.
With the support and attention of an experienced, licensed therapist you can:
- Improve your sense of control in an often frustrating, unpredictable and volatile situation
- Learn how to get the information, support and respite you need to maintain mastery of your responsibilities
- Understand the emotional and physical aspects of sudden life transitions-such as career shift or unplanned care giving responsibilities and
- Rediscover how to maintain a healthy life balance in the face of life transition
- Learn how to identify and access the most helpful resources of family, friends and professionals
We will meet in my private, comfortable office for individual and family counseling and consultation. Telephonic support between sessions is available.